No matter if crunchy or chewy, fresh-baked or store-bought, I think we can all agree that cookies are one of the most delicious foods in the world. And luckily for us celiacs, there are many gluten-free cookie brands and recipes out there, which means we can still enjoy some yummy cookies without the gluten! Here are some of the best gluten-free cookie brands, cookie mixes and cookie recipes.
Best Gluten-Free Cookie Brands
Craving some delicious gluten-free cookies but don’t have time to make your own? No worries! We’ve got the best gluten-free cookie brands for you. See what you like the most and stick with what you love. Brace your sweet tooth, cause we’re going to cookie wonderland 🙂
1. Enjoy Life Gluten-Free Soft Baked Cookies
Enjoy Life soft baked cookies are definitely one of the best gluten-free cookies out there. They are made in dedicated allergen free facilities, have only clean ingredients, and, best of all, they taste delicious. Cookie connoisseurs will be pleased to know there are many flavors of these cookies. There’s the classic chocolate chip, decadent double chocolate brownies, the holiday cheer that is gingerbread spice and snickerdoodle to make it all nice. Say goodbye to gluten and hello to healthier, better, tastier gluten-free cookies.
2. KinniToos Gluten-Free Cookies
Missing oreos? Want that rich creamy filling, without the gluten? KinniToos makes the best gluten-free oreos. They taste just like oreos, go great with ice cream and perfectly with milk. Yep, just like old times. In addition to the traditional chocolate flavor, there’s vanilla and fudge to go on top of all that deliciousness. These cookies are also dairy free, allowing anyone, whether you’re lactose intolerant or gluten-free, to enjoy them.
3. Glutino Gluten-Free Cookies
Glutino gluten-free cookies are a delicious, well priced treat. These gluten-free cookies are made with a traditional recipe, which means you don’t have to sacrifice the cookies you’ve come to know and love. Vanilla Crème and chocolate chip flavors make for a sweet snack combo. Add these cookies to your lunch, or have them as an afternoon snack and you’ll be happy and healthy.
4. Homefree Gluten-Free Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homefree mini chocolate chip cookies are the best gluten-free cookies for the health conscious. They’re certified vegan, non-GMO and made in a bakery free of common allergens. These cookies aren’t just healthy though, they’re packed with flavor. While the chocolate chip cookies are delicious, you can also embrace your mint cravings with chocolate mint, and chocolate lovers can indulge in their double chocolate chip cookies without all the guilt. With these well crafted cookies, you just can’t go wrong regardless of the flavor you choose.
5. Pamela’s Gluten-Free Cookies
Pamela’s gluten-free cookies are the best gluten-free cookies for tantalizing your tastebuds. Butter shortbread is not a common gluten-free cookie flavor but Pamela found a way to bring it back to a celiac’s mouth :). To add more chocolate to the mix, there’s also a chunky chocolate chip flavor. This is Pamela’s rendition of the classic cookie. They’re made with organic chocolate chips and are free of dairy too. To round it out, peanut butter cookies steal the show. Who else has gone wild, or should I say nuts, over peanut butter cookies? These cookies are high quality, a truly sweet treat for you to eat.
6. Pamela’s Gluten-Free Simplebites Mini Cookies
Want a cookie everyone will love? Look no further than Pamela’s gluten-free mini cookies. Pamela’s offers unmatched variety and, undoubtedly, some of the best gluten-free cookies. All of Pamela’s flavors are delicious, whether it’s snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, ginger snapz or extreme chocolate. Keep it simple with chocolate chip, mix it up with snickerdoodle, or even go to the next level with extreme chocolate! Who says you can’t be gluten-free and eat a wide variety of delicious cookies?
7. Tate’s Bake Shop Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tate’s Bake Shop makes the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate chip is classic and Tate’s doesn’t disappoint. The best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are made with simple, natural ingredients, and, thanks to the cookies being cut thin, they pack perfectly for lunch or a snack. It’s best to pack these cookies and limit how many you bring, that way you don’t eat them all at once! Yes, they’re addicting.
8. Archway Gluten-Free Cookie Chip
Archway makes outstanding gluten-free cookies and their sugar cookies are one of the, if not the, best gluten-free sugar cookies. They taste just like regular sugar cookies, pair great with lemonade, chocolate, or anything tart. These cookies are sweet, the texture is on point, and they’re light. You can enjoy the best gluten-free sugar cookies without feeling heavy or bloated. Good ingredients make for a great tasting cookie and overall enjoyable treat for every cookie lover.
9. Schär Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
Schär gluten-free shortbread cookies are delicious, especially with coffee. If you have a sweet tooth these cookies are sure to satisfy. Shortbread cookies are great on there own, or as an afternoon snack. They’re non-GMO, lactose free and free of preservatives. Give these gluten-free shortbread cookies a try, you’ll be glad you did.
10. Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps
Have a Trader Joe’s near you? Love ginger as much as we do? Then you have to get your hands on some Trader Joe’s ginger snaps. They have a very strong ginger flavor and good crunch. If you need a reason to indulge in these delicious cookies, well remember that ginger is great for you! It helps digestion and can reduce migraine headaches. So, why not combine the benefits of ginger with yummy gluten-free cookies? It makes for the perfect combo!
Best Gluten-Free Cookie Mixes
If you have time and wanna go next level, make your own cookies with a pre-made gluten-free cookie mix. Pamela’s Gluten-Free Cookie Mix and Betty Crocker’s Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix are the best gluten-free cookie mixes. Follow their recipe instructions and see what kind of cookie magic you can create! Don’t tell the Cookie Monster though 😉
Best Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Feeling adventurous? Pick up some gluten-free all-purpose flour and make your cookies from scratch by following one of the recipes below. There’s nothing like getting your hands dirty and doing it yourself. Get your family and friends involved, make it a cookie making party, like old times 🙂
The chocolate chip cookie recipe from Michelle at My Gluten-Free Kitchen below is by far one of best gluten-free cookie recipes and we highly recommend you give it a try. It’s simple, tasty and easy to prepare!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if your GF flour blend already contains xanthan or guar gum)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks (room temp)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, xanthan (unless flour blend already has xanthan or guar gum), baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, place the cream cheese, then pour melted butter over it. Add brown sugar and sugar and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. (I use the paddle attachment on my mixer.)
- Add vanilla extract and egg yolks (one at a time) mixing on low-medium speed until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture that you set aside earlier, beating on low until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix on low or by hand, just until mixed thoroughly.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours and up to 4 days.
- When you are ready to bake, remove from refrigerator and let sit for about 15 minutes to soften enough for easier scooping.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line cookie sheets with sheets of parchment paper or silicone liners. Do not spray!
- Use a #20 cookie scoop to scoop even mounds of cookie dough spaced several inches apart. I can get 12 per cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes at 375°. Remove when edges are set and just browning. The centers will look underdone, but will continue cooking as they cool. To ensure you don’t overbake, I suggest you bake a few test cookies so you can determine the right baking time for your oven. If you like gooey centers, cook less, if you like crunchier cookies, cook longer.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for just 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Have a blast making and tasting this awesome recipe; if you want to try a few others here are some of the best gluten-free cookie recipes, sure to knock everyone’s socks off!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Blue Berry Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- GF Oatmeal Cookies with Dark Chocolate and Cherries
What are your favorite gluten-free cookies? Let us know in the comments below!
Jamie Burnett says
Wow cookies are night and day better than any of these listed above. They are soft and chewy not hard and crumbly. The taste is amazing, we had them out at a party and no one knew they were anything but regular sugar cookies.
WOW Baking Company has the most delicious cookie, Key Lime White Chocolate. After 12 years of knowing that I have Celiac disease, this is the best gluten free cookie I have had.
Try WOW Baking Company, They are gluten free but taste like a real cookie. They offer, Brownies (to die for) Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Key lime white chocolate, Snicker doodle, Triple Chocolate Chunk, Lemon Burst, ginger molasses, oregon oatmeal and more!!
My favorite are Sainsbury’s dark chocolate and ginger cookies, they can put the world right. No matter what!
Tate’s cookies are my fav, but I don’t think they’re vegan. Haven’t had any since before I got back on the vegan bandwagon, so I can’t see the ingredient list.
Trader Joe’s Brownie Crisp are amazing. They are hybrids but I am definitely crushing on them right now. I also like Pamela’s cookies (not all of them are vegan though).